This was my first ever craft from Pinterest. Which, if you think about it, kind of makes these necklaces a gateway drug...
Regardless, these bird nest necklaces are surprisingly easy to make and cute without being overstated. Added bonus? They come out to roughly $3 a necklace, with the majority of the cost being the necklace chain (can anyone say Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon?). That officially makes it the most wallet friendly necklace I own!
- Jewelry wire (24 or 20 gauge)
- Necklace chain with clasp
- Place 1 to 4 beads onto the jewelry wire and arrange them in a circular fashion.
- Wrap the wire around the beads, going slowly to keep the wire in the appropriate position.
- When you are satisfied with the amount of wire wrapped around the beads (go with your gut!), wrap the end of your wire through a few times between each bead.
- On the back of the nest, form a loop with the wire and tuck in the loose end.
- String your necklace chain through the loop.
Voila, you have yourself a bird nest necklace!
Now sit back and revel in your jewelry making greatness. Oh yeah, and then show off your mad necklace making skills to all of your friends..or make them their own necklace, depending on how nice you are feeling that day!