I love writing little notes for Jared to wake up to or randomly find. Whether it's a drawing or nerdy references to Dr. Who ("Bow ties are cool." Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?), I think he secretly looks forward to them.
I used to write them on white boards. They're so simple - just jot down a quick note or draw a picture, then wipe it off and repeat the process! However, when we bought our first house, we opted for relatively sparse walls when decorating. So, alas, there is nowhere to put my sweet notes.
Enter a smaller and more stylish version: Framed Love Notes!
- Picture frame (I got mine for $2 at Ikea)
- Scrapbook paper in the design of notebook paper (this is slightly thicker than normal notebook paper, so you won't see through it to the frame backing) or thick paper with a notepaper design printed on it (you can download a printable here)
- Fabric or organza flowers, either DIY or purchased
- Glue dots or hot glue
- Take off the back of your frame and remove the mat.
- Place the mat on top of the scrapbook paper and cut around it.
- Fit the paper into the frame and replace the back.
- Decide where you want the flowers to go and stick them on with glue dots or hot glue. Or, if you're noncommittal like me, adhere them with glue dots until you're satisfied you won't want to change their position in a week!
Now, just keep a dry erase marker and a cloth in a handy spot. With this quick and easy craft, you'll be writing saccharine love notes to your significant other in no time!
Or use it to keep your grocery list up-to-date. Sure, it's less romantic, but it's also awesome!