Well, hello there! Did you miss me?
I've been gone awhile. Selling our old condo, buying a new house, settling in to aforementioned new house...it adds up to months of not updating the blog. Not that I didn't want to, but I didn't have a computer setup and when I did, I wanted to get my kitchen cleaned up and when that was cleaned up I wanted to... It all sorta snowballs, ya know?
Anyhow, I don't have any of my filming stuff setup at the new place yet. But, when I do, you'll be able to catch glimpses of all the domestic-y, organizing stuff I've been up to. So, yeah, in the meantime you'll have to settle for the stuff I filmed before I packed up. Not to say it's not good stuff. Well, maybe not this one...it was my first video that I filmed completely on my own. I setup the camera and the mic and rearranged all of the shots. It took forever and, in hindsight, is super zoomed out. I hope you'll forgive me and, please believe, I will do my best not to inflict this poorly planned camera work on you again.
Wow, those last two paragraphs sounded all confession-esque. Let's be done with that and get on to the good stuff: Chocolate Covered Gummy Bears!
- Gummy bears
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Wax paper (not an ingredient, but you get the point!)
- Place your vegetable shortening and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until the chocolate has fully melted.
- Lay out your wax paper and a pile of gummy bears.
- Place gummy bears in the chocolate and stir until fully coated.
- Remove each gummy bear from the chocolate with a fork and shake off the excess chocolate.
- Lay on the wax paper and let harden.
Note: Depending on the quality of chocolate you use (lower quality chocolate is not going to harden as well), you may need to place these in the refrigerator to harden. Don't worry, they're even better cold!
Another Note: I used a lot of colors in this post because the colors remind me of the gummy bears. That is all.
And this is the kind of quality, sugar-laden content I can offer you when I'm not bogged down by housework. It's good to be back!