I think I can safely say that the vast majority of the population likes Rice Krispie treats. I mean, fluffy and buttery sugar combined with crispy cereal is just magical goodness in the making!
So, when I decided to do pumpkin week and saw Jet-Puffed Marshmallows at the store, I pounced. Pumpkin + Rice Krispies (has to) = Crazy Delicious. Am I right?!
I was right, as it turns out. And the ease of making them is really up my alley. I just used the microwave directions (yeay - no more impossible to clean rice krispie treat pots!) for the original recipe and substituted the pumpkin spice marshmallows for regular marshmallows.
Try it! Then bring them to work, because all the cool kids share!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package of pumpkin spice marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal (Who cares if it's name brand? Get what's on sale!)
- Line a rectangular pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter and marshmallows for 3 minutes, or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds or so to prevent scorching.
- Add the rice cereal and stir until coated.
- Add the mixture to the pan and press down to evenly distribute.
- Let cool and then cut into squares.
At least as awesome as normal Rice Krispie treats but with fall flavors. Crazy delicious, indeed.