I love a lot of things.
- Making restaurant-style food at home
Oh yeah, and like 500 other things, too. But let's focus on that last one up there. You know, for the sake of brevity.
Awhile back, I went to happy hour with a friend at a lovely place called Duke's. I used to visit this place on a semi-regular basis, but haven't been in some time. In that time, they had changed their happy hour menu a bit and I was forced to make a tough call about what to stuff my face with. I ended up choosing three mini-appetizers and, while all delicious, one really stuck out: Goat Cheese & Pesto Slider. I decided I needed to make it at home and that I did! However, let's be real...it's a quesadilla! Sliders are served on rolls, duh! *looks around nervously, hoping that this statement is correct*
- Flour tortilla
- Goat cheese
- Tomato, sliced
- Lay your tortilla flat and cover one half of it with pesto.
- Coat the other half with a thin layer of goat cheese.
- Lay 2-3 tomato slices on the side with pesto and fold in half.
- Lightly coat a skillet with olive oil and place over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is warm, add the quesadilla to the skillet and let cook for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip the quesadilla over and cook for another 2-3 minutes (Don't let it burn, like I did in the video! It's better when charcoal free!)
- Cut in half and serve.
You could make several of these to serve as appetizers or just eat one for a meal. It's like a delicious tortilla pizza. Yeah, it's like that...