Am I the only one that thinks broccoli is a difficult word to spell? Seriously, I probably think about it for a good 5 seconds every.single.time I write the word.
Regardless of the typing challenge it poses to me, broccoli is a staple vegetable. And, if you're like me, then you need to get a bit creative with it. Because if you don't? Well, because if you don't then you'll get bored and won't eat any vegetables, which is not a very adult thing to do!
So get out your red pepper flakes and let's spice up your relationship with broccoli!
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flake
- Cook the broccoli in boiling water for 3-minutes.
- Drain, rinse, and set aside the broccoli.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flake to the olive oil and cook for 2-minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 4-minutes, stirring often.
Want to make it even easier? Throw your broccoli in those high-tech microwave steam bags for a few minutes (remember: broccoli should be tender, not soggy!) and resume the recipe from there.